Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today's OBB

Ok, so I'm here in a coffeeshop, trying to work on mmy new book.

I have this thing where to shut the whole world up, I enclose myself in a wall of sound. It's the only way I can focus. I have a pretty short attention span, and unless I'm totally lost in the reality I'm creating, I can't function. So, I have this thing where I plug in to a playlist, and it's like three songs stuck on repeat. I don't like the mood/tempo of the songs shifting, so I have, like, playlists customized to the kind of mood that I'm trying to capture with my writing.

Mostly, it's epic. It's all Clint Mansell, and Mozart, and big, dramatic orchestra music.

Today, I'm listening to Pachelbel's Canon in D Major, with Edvard Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King occassionally breaking the loop. It makes my writing sound like a very ironic Korean movie where I fall in love with someone, and either one of us dies in the end.

Hall of the Mountain King is a really good music for stalking people. It's what I'm listening to when I'm shadowing a crush, and they begin to notice, so I have to duck into an alley, or dart behind someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment